Tuesday, February 2, 2010

State of the Union 2010

I have mixed feelings about the State of the Union address last night. Some of those come from getting a bit more drunk than I ought to have. But many of them came from what the President said and how he said it. While the fundamentals of the President's speech were strong, to borrow a phrase, some of the content bothered me. I've already told you about why I don't hold with the spending freeze. Some of the other programs and policies that were outlined in the speech were, in my view, too conservative as well. We'll talk about them in the moment. Let's start with the good.

This was another address that the President delivered with style, gusto, and that Obama flair that we've all come to know and recognize. After eight years of a President who could barely speak the English language this still makes me feel good.

I'm obviously way behind. So I'll leave my thoughts at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment